Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Gift of No


This article called "The Gift of No" is awesome. My friend who is a psychologist shared it with me this week. It is not short. I think this is a great article for all parents and soon to be parents... so take the time to read it. If I were still teaching, I would share it with my staff and student's parents. It is a great reminder of things that many of us already know... but tend to forget easily.

Setting limits with kids can be really tough and there is no prescribed method that works the same for every kid. This article talks about how saying no to kids (or setting limits) isn't necessarily innate and that we have to learn to do it. As a teacher I have learned that it takes A LOT of patience and practice... but it actually works! Enjoy!

No comments: