Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Busy Saturday

We had a fun, busy Saturday.

Andrew and Kevin made some delicious waffles for breakfast... and while waiting for our guests, Andrew had a little collision with the corner of the wall. The poor little guy needs to work on looking forward while he is running.

If you check out his cheek, you can see remnants of the collision


Two of Kev's college roommates, Bryant & Bryan, their wives, and their kids joined us for waffles. The kids enjoyed playing with Andrew's toys together and then we all trekked to my new favorite park to let the little guys get out some energy before the Lowes drove back to SoCal.

Mr. Lowe's bodyguards


We each took a turn taking a 2 hour snooze. Mine was from 6-8pm... so I have a feeling I'll be up late tonight.
We watched the BYU game. Andrew liked yelling, "go, go go!" and doing the "false start" signal. I wasn't sure if they'd pull off the win, but was glad they did.


We did a lot of reading. Andrew read his books while sitting next to me and I read my own book. It is rare that I get to read for fun, so this was a high point of the day (in addition to the BYU victory).
Think it might be time for a haircut?
I'm enjoying giving Andrew a mini mohawk lately.


I also practiced learning how to applique. I am teaching it to some of the YW next week when we have a baby shower for the former YW's president. The girls are going to make her some onesies at the shower. I had a lot of fun once my friend Liz showed me how easy it is. This tutorial was helpful as well. This is totally my type of sewing project- nice and simple!

Here are a few of the sample ones I practiced on...
they're not done yet... but close.




All in all, it felt like a productive day!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

cute! the cupcake one is my favorite!

Jennifer said...

oh man, do NOT get me started about the game. it was an INCREDIBLE experience watching it in the ballroom with 3000 other kids. 4 hours after it ended i can't get to sleep because of the raucous partying going on outside. i wouldn't be surprised if Provo is burned to the ground by tomorrow morning, that's how wild it is here.

E J said...

So cute Kristina! You're going to be dangerous once you get that sewing machine back to Cali!