Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

A Really Good Day

Kevin loves to laugh at me for how much I enjoy predictability and routines... but I really love them. The past several weeks have been void of both of them. Today was a perfect mellow routine day. We did our somewhat usual schedule and both Andrew and I had such a fun day!

Here's what we did:

8:00am- Wake up (Love it that Andrew has been doing this late wake-up lately... I'm sure it won't last much longer)

8:15am- Running by myself (Andrew watched Elmo, Kevin slept... everyone was happy :))

9:00am- Play!

10:00am- Clean up the house and do laundry. My favorite thing about Mondays is that I somehow have tons of energy to get things organized. Andrew cooperated by helping with cleaning a bit and playing independently.

11:00am- Walk to the park and play!

12:30am- Naptime for Andrew/worktime for me! I got tons done and was actually focused. Work today was hard. I was re-writing a science section about graphing. The topic is much easier to model than write about.

2:15pm- Finally get ready for the day/more playtime

3:00pm- Trip to the Great Mall

I never let Andrew play on any of the rides... but today I was nice. I sanitized him heavily afterwards. He loved it.



He thought Stuart Little was SO COOL and kept trying to sit on his lap.


He talked to Tigger as if he was alive and loved making faces at him.


He also loved being a NASCAR driver.


Letting him play a bit (and getting him a cookie or two) guaranteed me about an hour of shopping without too much protesting. He was pretty annoyed that I wouldn't rent him the special mall stroller car to ride around in.

5:00pm- Trip to another park by our house (this is how we make it through the evening until Kev gets home). I literally pushed Andrew on the swing for 20 minutes. He loved it.

6:00pm- Dinner/Playtime

7:15pm- We had a little fashion show. Andrew tried on his new shoes that we bought today. I also got a good deal on a pair of jeans and shirt, so he modeled them as well. I was surprised to discover that the pants fit. I was worried they'd be too long.

He was really excited about his shoes. They are too big. He loved stomping around the house wearing them. Here is a picture of him looking down at his feet with his proud "look at my cool shoes" face. We figured it was about time he owned some non-Croc shoes.


Stomping around


Showing off his shoes for dad when he got home


One of the problems with shoes that are a little big... sometimes you fall.
He thought it was fun and did it often.


After all the stomping, he needed a drink break. New shoes can be exhausting.


7:40pm- Dad arrived home! Yay!
7:45pm- Brief Family Home Evening (which may have included too many rowdy primary songs which made it difficult for the little man to go to bed...)

8:10pm- Bedtime
8:15pm- Drink and back to bed for the little man
8:20pm- FHE treat time for Mom and Dad/Blogging time/TV time/Relaxing!

In addition to having the perfect schedule today... the weather was gorgeous. When we were at the park tonight it was crisp and cool. I would've loved a hot chocolate. Tomorrow is supposed to be even cooler. I love autumn.

We just made our October List of fun stuff to do.

I think it is going to be an incredible month.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Thats awesome that you had such a flawless schedule day. Huge bonus that you got so much done on a Monday! I'm learning (in my limited time as a mom) that being on a schedule keeps me sane. Bless the schedule!