Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Goodbye to Courtney the Corolla

I have had my Corolla for about 8 years... we finally said goodbye this morning. It was about time. My Young Women will be pleased... they thought Courtney was quite ghetto looking. I am mostly relieved, but a little sad.


This car has served me well, despite the fact that it has always made weird whistle sounds when it drives faster than 70 mph. Most of the automatic locks no longer work and for a few years the driver side window and door handle were broken. I would have to climb out the passenger side to grab parking tickets and pray that the window would go up when I went to the car wash or when it rained. It was hit or miss each time. Driving in the rain with the window down is not fun.


This car came with me to California in 2002. Elise and my mom drove it all the way from Provo (I drove in my 17 ft truck with Scotter). The day I bought this car, I skipped out on a co-ed BYU intramural softball game. Our team had to forfeit because we didn't have enough girls. I felt really bad and my friends in my ward were mad at me... but I was so excited about this car that it didn't matter. It was my first purchase as a real adult. I bought it all by myself with my own money.


This car lived with me through a lot of fun single years, three years of marriage, and the first year of Andrew's life. It is the only place where I truly let out my completely unorganized messy side. It usually held tons of books, craft and paper products for any teacher/mom/party emergency, snacks, and a hoard of sports items... including all 8 of my mini-lacrosse sticks. I am hopeful that by saying goodbye to Courtney, I'll say goodbye to that messy side of me forever... but I doubt it :)

Fortunately we cleaned Courtney up a bit and lots of people wanted to buy her. We held showings on Friday and Saturday and one cool college kid outbid everyone else. Now my Corolla is on her way to have some fun at UC Santa Barbara, with a kid who shares my maiden name.

What a perfect ending.

1 comment:

Darren, Tisha, Tanner & Tennyson said...

getting a new car? We really want to hang out sometime. Yesterday Tanner wore the "ladies Man" T-shirt that you got him, and IT WAS SOOO CUTE!