Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Love at first sight

Yesterday Andrew had his first "I've gotta have that" shopping experience. We were checking out the toddler clothes far far away from the toy section and Andrew started yelling, "Elmo!" I was distracted trying to find some good clothes on sale and told him that there wasn't Elmo anywhere around... but we'd go look at the toys in a minute.

He kept saying, "Elmo, Elmo, Elmo, Elmo" and pointing. My eyes finally focused on the sweatshirt he was pointing at... and indeed, it had a subtle Elmo print. Little man has good eyes. It was not close to him at all.

I gave it to him and he was so excited. Check out the cute smile.


We did the rest of our shopping while he held his Elmo sweatshirt. I didn't find anything else I wanted, so we went back to return Elmo. The sweatshirt is a little tacky looking, so I didn't really want to buy it. I told Andrew to give Elmo a hug and say bye bye. He listened and gave his sweatshirt a hug.


No tantrums, he just waved bye bye and talked about Elmo as we left the store. It was darling.

2 comments:

delikk said...

wow, that's amazing he didn't want to take the sweatshirt home. guess he has good taste like his mom!

Stephanie said...

Funny, Scotty's first "gotta have it" was over an Elmo stuffed animal at Nordstroms. He was probably Andrew's age, because we didn't have Emily yet, and we were living at my parents for Brigham's internship. Anyways, I didn't let him have it because I can't buy everything my kids want, nor do I want to even if I could, but the next day he came down with a bad fever and my mom ran back to Nordstroms to get it to make him feel better. It was cute. Yeah, the sweatshirt is a little cheesy. The things they want usually are. :)