Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day

I definitely enjoyed celebrating Labor Day this year!

For these two, the day started off nice and early... while I slept in until 10am. Thank you fabulous husband! Then they played at the park while I went on a nice hour long run by myself. Yay!


Later in the afternoon we went up to Christian & Ryan's house for a delicious BBQ... where once again we didn't have to labor at all! Christian is a friend of Kevin's from KPMG. We just relaxed, ate the yummy food that kept coming and coming, and basked in the San Ramon sunshine. One of the little boys at the party loved me and found out that I liked corn... so I just had to sit there and he brought me a new corn on the cob every time I finished one. Our new little friend also brought Andrew his food. We enjoyed being waited on. :)


The corn on the cob off the BBQ was incredible! Kevin couldn't get enough of the burgers and Andrew absolutely loved the hot dogs (and especially the hot dog buns). Mmm! Andrew also loved running around like a crazy man all over Christian's yard, so I didn't get too many pictures... only one of the appetizer spread :(


Andrew was also thoroughly entertained by the backyard water fixtures and the other little people at the party. We also LOVED the reversed chocolate chip cookies with ice cream for dessert. The little man just kept saying "cookie, cookie" and running around. Once we were stuffed we decided to leave before Andrew had a meltdown... and we were successful.

He didn't have a meltdown at Christian's house... but had one immediately when we arrived at my cousin Jenny's house and I picked up her new little baby girl. We are excited to be moving closer to Jenny & Chris and their darling little girls so we can see them more often. Doesn't Kevin look so cute holding baby Macy?

As long as I wasn't holding Macy, everything was fine. Andrew enjoyed playing with some of Kate's toys while we caught up with Chris and Jenny. After our quick stop with the Heymans, we headed home to get the overtired little man to bed. What a fabulous Labor Day!

No comments: