Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

"Dancing"

Ever since I whipped out my terribly outdated VHS tape of Darrin's Dance Grooves (the one that features N'Sync's Bye Bye Bye dance) about a month ago, Andrew asks to do "dancing" every day.

Kevin was mortified that Andrew was dancing around the living room to "Bye Bye Bye" and I got a little disheartened when I realized that my body didn't dance as well as it used to... say like 10 years ago (and even back then it didn't look too good)... so we've since moved on to other videos.

Here's Andrew rocking out to Billy Blank's Tae-Bo this morning. He thinks all my workout videos are dancing videos too... which helps me get in a little extra workout every day since he begs and begs, "do dancing please mommy?" Can't say no to that, right?


My favorite part of the day is when he starts copying the instructor and saying "work it, work it" or "tight, tight." He has also perfected counting from 1-8 forwards and backwards... since that's how they count everything off on the videos. Who knew working out could be so educational? ;)

When he gets done with the punching and the kicking, he throws all the pillows from the couch all over the floor so I have a tiny tiny spot to stand. Today he also cleaned out everything he found underneath the couch cushions and threw it all in the trash (a little OCD maybe?). I was very happy... other than when he had some "snacks" he found down there too.


Once he has completely exhausted himself from all the jumping and kicking he settles down with a blanket to watch the "dancing" and says, "Go Mommy, go mommy, go!" Today he also decided to "cook dinner" for me while I finished the video. He made me pretend hot dogs, pasta, waffles, cheese pizza, chicken nuggets, cookies, brownies, and a milkshake (perfect workout food) and then tried to feed me while I was bouncing up and down. It was so funny and kept him happy an extra 20 minutes.

With all the rain we've had in the past few months, this has been a way to keep myself sane in the mornings and tire out the crazy dude before his nap. It is so funny how sad he gets when "dancing" is done. The poor kid is going to be so confused some day when he goes to his first dance and doesn't see Billy Blanks or Darrin there leading the group.

No comments: