Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mother's Day Wish List

Tonight I led a class activity for the young women at church (8th graders-sophomores). I got the assignment last night and figured out the activity idea late last night with our class president. We wanted to make Mother's Day presents... so we decided to make Hersheys Kiss flower pot bouquets.


They turned out great! As my friend Sarah can attest, about an hour before the activity (when I was having a really hard time actually making candy rose examples), I wasn't sure how the activity would turn out...

but fortunately the girls are all creative and crafty, so two of the most crafty girls showed all the other girls how to make everything. My life goal is to find fun projects and then surround myself with crafty and creative people that can make them look good ;)


If you were a mom of a teenager, wouldn't you love that your daughter spent an hour and half making your present? And even better, that the present involved M&Ms, jellybeans, peanut butter cups, and rolos?


I think there are going to be some happy moms next Sunday (if these bouquets survive that long).

What are you hoping to get for Mother's Day this year?

My wishes (just in case my awesome husband is reading this post)...

- someone professional to magically appear while I am in AZ and clean my entire house, top to bottom (especially mop and sweep the wood floors, clean all the bathrooms, clean out the fridge, dust, clean all the huge mirrors, AND clean the windows)

- a Saturday or two in May to sleep in as LONG as I want

- Mrs. Fields cookies (of course!)

- and a Mother's Day dinner that includes baked potatoes, a yummy salad, and something delicious and chocolatey for dessert!

- Lots of uninterrupted time cuddling with my cute little man and hanging out with Kev!

Have any cute Mother's Day gifts you are giving this year? What is your favorite gift you've ever given to your mom?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Kristina, those turned out so cute. I bet the girls loved them.