Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Successful Weekend

I got almost all of the things done on my to-do list this weekend, so I considered it a success!

1. Made my first ever batch of cinnamon rolls. It is surprising that I have never attempted this yet, since I love baking... but they always seemed so time consuming. I used my sister-in-law Shauna's tried and true recipe and the YW at church couldn't stop themselves from having seconds... and Andrew had thirds I think? Kevin said to put a lot of frosting on them... so as you can see, I did. Success #1


2. Went on a 6 mile run Saturday afternoon by myself and ran almost the entire time and felt awesome. I was only planning to run 4 miles but felt so good that I couldn't stop.

3. Introduced Andrew to Toy Story. We finally bought #1 and #2 on Blu Ray. He liked #1... but he doesn't have the attention span for a 2 hr movie yet. We are hoping he'll like #2 enough that we can take a family trip to the theater to see the new one when it comes out this summer.


4. Took a family hike at the Lafayette Reservoir. Andrew and I went with friends on Friday too... and thought it was so beautiful we had to bring Kevin back. The trail is 2.7 miles, plus the .25 mile hike from the parking lot to the "trail head" (it is all paved, so it wasn't really a roughing it kind of hike).

This was our view for most of the hike. He probably ran over a mile.


Then he wanted to be carried... by dad :) I pushed the stroller, which he sat in for a total of 5 min.




At about mile 2, Kev & Andrew needed a break.


The energetic kid was rewarded for all of his running with a trip to the playground at the other end of the reservoir when we were done.




The crazy child STILL wanted to run more once we got home.

5. Another 2 hr Sunday afternoon nap. This is becoming my favorite new Sunday activity. After eating cinnamon rolls and blueberry muffins I went into a carb coma around 1pm and was out til 3pm. It was beautiful.

6. Date night! Kevin and I went on our first date night in Cali since we moved to our new house (other than when we've been on vacation). We saw Iron Man 2 and loved it.


7. Finally cleaned my house enough that I can have a professional come and actually clean it this week! Such a silly thing to think, but it is true. It helped that we had one of my YW coming over to babysit and I didn't want her to think we lived in a disaster area.

Hopefully next week will be as productive as our weekend!

4 comments:

The Mostess said...

Recipe for cinnamon rolls?? ;)

Ashley said...

Loved Iron Man for me, love Toy Story for the kids! We just bought both of them too. (Toy Story 1 and 2.) I am impressed that you ran 6 miles, especially when you didn't expect to!

Liz said...

The cinnamon rolls look delicious!

Toy Story one and two are well loved in our home!

And, looks like Andrew takes after his mom in the running department!

Laura said...

I love the pictures of the Lafayette Reservoir. Brings back lots of memories for me.