Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Gold Star Kinda Day

Our day started off with Mom's Day Out. It was the last week for the year... so I was really hoping that Andrew would stay and not throw a huge tantrum. He has only stayed alone twice since he started going back in January. As you can see from this picture, he isn't flipping out. Yay!


I enjoyed a fabulous morning run through Walnut Creek while he played with friends. They also made cute little graduation caps for their craft. Here's Andrew showing his off.


Check out his beautiful chalk artwork on the top ;)


After MDO we headed down to San Jose to Happy Hollow. Andrew decided not to take a nap on the drive down, so I started preparing myself for major tantrums at Happy Hollow. Last time we went he was overtired and he wouldn't go any rides and was kind of a grump.

We met up with my friend Alie and her two cute little girls.

I was pleasantly surprised that as the afternoon progressed Andrew was super happy and went on EVERY ride.

We went on the carousel about six times.


Then on the cars 2-3 times



on the ladybugs


and on Danny the Dragon! It was such a fun trip!
Afterwards, little dude crashed in the car on our drive to get Kevin at Google.


He woke up happily just as we arrived at Shivas (our favorite Indian restaurant). I have been craving Indian food ALL week and didn't want any bad moods to get in the way of me getting to enjoy dinner. Fortunately, Andrew continued his gold star behavior all through dinner! I told him his behind was stuck to the seat with glue and he barely came off it all night. He has become a really imaginative kid lately and we spent our wait time at dinner cooking our own food and feeding his little toys. It was so cute. Our dinner was amazing as well and the service was SO FAST (unlike the last time we went). Last Fri night when we went out to dinner Andrew was practically running around the restaurant by the end. I was so happy and full of yummy food on our drive home. It all hit the spot perfectly.

The drive home was awesome as well. Barely any traffic... and then I think I fell asleep on the couch the second we turned on the TV (at 9:30pm) and then got to sleep in til 9:45am... so today might be another gold star kinda day too!

No comments: