Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Super Day

Saturday night and Sunday were both filled with Mother's Day surprises... which I didn't document very well, but Kevin and Andrew took good care of me.

Saturday night I got tons and tons of Mrs. Fields nibblers and cookies. There were so many, I didn't finish them until Tuesday.

Sunday morning I woke up and found these beautiful flowers in my kitchen. The icing on the cake was that they were already cut and in a vase (since I hate doing that).


I also got to sleep in until 8am and then leisurely got myself ready for church while the men hung out together and got themselves dressed... and then we almost made it on time to 9am church.

At church we got Sees chocolates and chocolate covered strawberries... and Kevin manned Andrew so I could enjoy Sacrament meeting. Andrew also did an awesome job visiting junior primary singing time (even sang while doing actions) and then actually went to nursery without a huge meltdown.

After church, we all took 2-1/2 hour naps... and when Andrew woke up, Kevin got him and I just lounged in bed a little longer. It was fabulous!

While Kevin made dinner, this little dude and I played Rock Band (I actually got 80% on a song) and we played outside (looking for ants). He also sang "Happy Mother's Day to you" and told me he loved me a gazillion times.


Dinner involved baked potatoes and a yummy salad, so I was pleased... and Kevin cleaned the messy little guy up after dinner (and wiped up the floor).


Later in the evening Kevin cleaned out the fridge, did the dishes, and made me peanut butter bars. He cleaned a good chunk of the rest of the house before I got home from Scottsdale as well. I spent the evening relaxing and watching 27 Dresses and Sweet Home Alabama.

When bedtime came, I discovered several treats and cute cards on my pillow from Kevin & Andrew.

I loved every minute of Mother's Day- mostly because it was so relaxing and I got to spend lots of time with my two favorite people!

Now if only Mother's Day could happen again tomorrow so that my house could magically get cleaned again :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a perfectly lovely day! I love that Kevin did so much of the grunt work for you--that is the best Mother's Day gift! (Well, that and Mrs. Fields!)