Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mom's Day Out in San Francisco!

Yesterday I was super lucky and got to have an entire day to myself! 

My blogging friend Kim was visiting from Florida and we needed to have a meeting and chat time, so I left the kiddos with Kevin and got a much needed entire day of fun exploring in the city!

It was so weird to drive across the new part of the Bay Bridge


Our first stop was the Presidio for a little hike. It was cool to explore the "Wood line."




Next we headed to Barneys in the Marina. Liz Balena and I have been there before and the spicy curly fries are super yummy... so I needed to go back. I maybe should've picked somewhere more authentic to the city, but I loved the relaxed environment... and all the fries. :) We sat and chatted for a long time. The only lame part was that they only sell Pepsi now :(

After Barneys we drove around and went to Tartine Bakery for some yummy brownies. 


We hiked up to the top of Dolores Park with our brownies to check out the awesome view and then had some blogging pow wow time... while eating our brownies. Totally my favorite way to do business. ;) 

I enjoyed every minute of my drive home with no backseat screamers and was greeted by happy kids who had had a great day with their rock star of a dad!

The day off was exactly what I needed after almost 11 months of never being gone for more than 2 hours from baby Ryan. It was good for both of us!

Can't wait for my next Girls Trip when Elise comes to SF to visit me in a few weeks!

No comments: