Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Crafty Week

On Monday, my crafty friend Liz and I had a Girls Night Out. She took me to JoAnn's Fabrics to help me learn how to shop at the fabric store. I would've been there for several more hours if she hadn't come... too much pretty fabric and way too much to try and figure out.

After we had a delicious dinner at Pizza My Heart, we went back to her house and she helped me figure out a project I've been wanting to do with the girls at church. One of my counselor's discovered it and we thought it might be fun to try.


I found good instructions online that Liz assured me were easy. She helped me (really just did it for me) create a sample one and let me use some of her tools to prep the material for my activity.

We did the project tonight with the YW and it was a big success. The girls sewed holders for some of the books they use as part of Young Womens. They actually liked the material I chose (yay!)... or at least didn't appear to hate it.


I invited several women to come help us that actually know how to use sewing machines. They were fabulous and helped all of the girls complete the project in the 1hr 1/2 time frame we had for our activity.


I "supervised" and was actually useful one or two times when I remembered what Liz had showed me.


Now, hopefully, they won't lose their books so much.



My next craft project for this week will be attempted on Friday night at our first YW sleepover at my duplex. We are going to make these cute blocks to remind the girls to pray, read their scriptures, and smile every day... as well as "Be examples of the believers..."

I am excited! I love being creative (or watching other people be creative :)) Wish us luck!

3 comments:

evelania said...

I'm totally jealous--I've been wanting to do a craft day/night, whatever around here! The fabric folder looks great!

Alie said...

you are such a good person. i hope you guys are feeling better

Liz said...

I'm so happy the project went well with the YW. I had fun helping!!! I hope the block craft goes well. It looks totally cute.