Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Now I remember...

why I haven't had a library card in a long time...


Because of situations like these:

Dear Kristina Buskirk,
The DVD case,
Wee Sing in Sillyville was returned to the Santa Clara City Library recently missing the disc. Please return it to the front desk of the library and have your library card with you. The item will be held for 30 days before a bill is sent. If the missing item is returned after 30 days, you will be charged a $6 late fee. If you have any questions, please contact Circulation Services at (408) 615-2970.

Please have your library card number ready.

Thank you,

Circulation Services.
Santa Clara City Library


And then when I went today to drop off our newest overdue books/movies, I couldn't find the case for the movie (but I had the disc).


I think I am losing my mind!

This reminds me of how I was on the blacklist with librarians in our school district. One librarian even sent this email when my school's librarian tried to borrow books for me. It made me laugh.

I will send the one that I have, but I would really feel better about this loan if she didn't have three LOST books on her record!
(I especially love the ALL CAPS emphasis)

Maybe I'm destined to forever just buy books. Why is it that the books I buy only multiply and never get lost... and the ones I borrow disappear into a black hole?

If anyone finds an Elmo DVD case at their house or a copy of "Wee Sing in Sillyville," minus the case... let me know. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Last time I went to the library, the librarian informed me I owed them $46! So, I paid $46 and walked out empty-handed! I was fuming for the rest of the day... We haven't been back since.

Jen said...

That's funny! We have that Elmo DVD at our house right now. Hopefully it will make it back to the library soon.