Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Day at the Beach

I have been wanting to go the beach all summer. Unfortunately, we have been gone so much that we haven't made it yet. I was determined to go this week, but didn't want to go by myself. A few of my little friends from church came with me. I felt like I had four mother's helpers. They were fabulous.

The weather was gorgeous- not a cloud in the sky. A perfect day for a trip to the beach.

The little man just squealed when he saw the ocean and couldn't be stopped.


I tried to snap pictures. His face was covered with very orange cheetos that the girls fed him in the car...


The little guy ran towards the waves and once he touched the freezing water and heard the screams from the girls, he ran away from the water and screamed and cried too... but then he had to do it again and again and again.


When he cried, he had to be held (which got me soaked)... then he'd fight me to put him back down. As he got used to the freezing water, he ran faster and faster towards the water and stayed in it longer and longer.


After awhile I had to start picking him up because the waves got higher and higher and the undertow was stronger and stronger. He loved it. He is definitely a California boy.

He also did some digging and building with the girls.


He fell in the waves several times too, so by the end of our time at the beach, his entire body was caked in sand.


He loved having four little buddies to entertain him.


After the fun at the beach, we went and did a few rides at the Boardwalk. Little man got to experience what it would be like to have four older siblings and not get to have his way. He was tired, he didn't want to wait any longer while the girls went on rides, and he just got to deal because we were all having fun. I was really impressed how well he handled himself. He was actually pleasant and got himself out of his bad mood.

Climbing on fences always helps too.


Little man loved watching the girls on the rides from his chariot covered with towels and bags.


It wouldn't be a trip to Santa Cruz without a stop at Marianne's for ice cream. Andrew kept trying to steal mine and got himself nice and chocolaty from his few little bites.


Fortunately for all of us, the second we started driving the little man fell fast asleep and the drive home was traffic free.

I already want to go back again!

No comments: