Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Celebrating!

For our anniversary I got Kevin a new car. He's been dreaming about it forever. Unfortunately he doesn't get it until we are millionaires (or maybe billionaires?)... but he still appreciated the gesture. Maybe for his birthday we will go and do some test driving? :) That might have to keep him satisfied for awhile.


Kevin arrived home last night with the most beautiful bouquet of flowers I've ever seen. The lilies were HUGE and blooming. I rarely get flowers because guaranteed Kevin buys them and we go out of town the next day and they die. This week we are staying home, so his plan worked perfectly. He also got me a massive cookie cake. What an awesome husband.


In keeping with the tradition of mostly just giving treats and homemade things this year as our presents to one another, I made my mom's decadent chocolate cheesecake for Kevin. I also made him chili and cornbread for dinner (one of his favorites... we obviously aren't super fancy people on our anniversary :)).

I love how he had them write "Happy 4th Anniversary!"


Me looking snazzy on our anniversary- no make up and in my lounge wear :)


Andrew got Kev some super cool hockey sticks (for indoor/outdoor use)- with a stick for each of them... and I filled a photo frame with my favorite shots from the year for Kevin.


(this gift was a way to force myself to buy some frames and get pictures up in our house. Aren't I so thoughtful?)


Kevin also cut my flowers and arranged them for me (the thing I hate to do most because I'm always worried I'll ruin the flowers).


We spent the evening watching our favorite new show (House), eating chocolate cheesecake, playing Rummikub, and reading the first chapter in the little book I started several years ago. It is a very embellished version of how we met, started dating, and got married. I have a lot to still write... but Kevin got a kick out of it... especially since he would probably tell the story a little bit differently.

Tonight we are finishing up our anniversary festivities by heading to the drive-in to see a movie. It's been such a fun week!

1 comment:

E J said...

You need to show off your drawing skills more often Mrs. B! You're good at it(as with just about anything you do)!