Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

We will be sleeping well tonight

The moment that Andrew's big birthday bash ended (more to come on that later)...


I headed over to church to set up for Danville's Got Talent (our youth fundraiser). I was the committee chair of the kids games for the evening (ages 18 months -9 years-old). Fortunately I had several awesome youth committee members to help me.

The little kids played with play dough, a parachute, balls, balloons, and did coloring (I brought a lot of the leftover stuff from Andrew's party)


The big kids did hopscotch, heads up 7-up, duck duck goose, musical chairs, bowling, coloring, basketball games, and hit each other with balls and balloons.


The hour and a half + was pure madness, but a lot of fun.

After that, I scarfed down some lasagna and joined Kev to watch the variety show. I performed with the other YW leaders in the "Pump It Up" act and was joined by celebrities such as Jane Fonda, Jack LaLane, Hans & Frans, and Richard Simmons.


Fortunately my one line was dropped to make more time for Richard Simmons and singing YMCA. Since my voice is gone, that was much appreciated.


Then we both spent the rest of the evening tag teaming as we tried to watch the show and keep tabs on this crazy boy. The highlight of the evening was when Andrew ran up and grabbed the mic and began singing in front of the audience (fortunately the mic was off).


He also did laps through the dessert tables along with the rest of the toddlers.


It was all worth it to see the Silent Monks in the last act. They did an incredible job and overall the youth raised thousands and thousands of dollars to pay for summer camp.

(I also helped paint the huge sign- isn't it beautiful? :))

It is now 9:30pm and we are vegging... and then we'll start planning our lessons for church tomorrow. I think the YW and I might have nap time during my teaching hour.

You can understand why I've reunited with an old friend to make it through the weekend. :)


The Cadbury stash isn't cutting it.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

wow! that is a busy day! hopefully you'll have some time to catch your breath after church tomorrow. thanks again for a super fun party today!

E J said...

I'm exhausted just reading all of that! Can't wait to hear more about the birthday party!

Meredith Hayes said...

I reunite with that old friend regularly to make it through. :)

A 2 year old birthday party!!! I love it! Can't wait to hear more about the celebratory Andrew, the man himself.

Liz said...

Did you cave???? If I were a betting woman, I'd say you did NOT drink a DC.