Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

How'd I miss this?

Notice anything wrong in this picture?


Somehow over the past few months the heel has worn off my shoe without me noticing.

I like the height of these shoes (very tall), so I've been trying to hold on to them for as long as possible. They have always been hideous- I don't know what Steve Madden was thinking (they used to have bedazzled hearts on them too). I think I have had them since my freshman year of college (1997). I wear them pretty much every day all year. They've obviously seen better days. I knew it was time to toss them... but didn't realize they'd gotten this bad.

Kevin is shocked that I wore them all weekend around Santa Barbara without falling down all the time.

The shoes have now been trashed. Now I have an excuse to go buy new shoes... but as my mom and sisters will attest, we've been looking for replacement tall shoes that I like for years.

Might have to get a few pairs to help me cope with the loss. :)

8 comments:

JerzyGrl said...

Not to make fun of your shoes...but I am more than happy to see those things go :) I will keep my eyes open for replacements.

Janelle said...

were those the same pair? How did one get so worn and not the other? I'll keep my eyes out for good tall shoes!

Stephanie said...

Wow, Kristina, those have definitely seen their fair share of days! It's safe to say you got your moneys worth with them...good luck in finding new ones!

Jess said...

yesss! finally we can move on! haha i'm still amazed and confused about how they got worn down that much in one shoe... very different length legs? haha

Kim and Julie said...

Kristina, I am smiling as I look at those shoes and remember the hours we have spent in search of the perfect replacement. I'm confident we can find a replacement pair in sunny california. However,I plan to bring them home with me this weekend so you won't even be tempted... Mom

Kara said...

That is hilarious! Did they ever feel off? When did you finally notice the difference? Its so sad to see a loved staple go. Good luck with your tall shoe search. I hope you find new ones soon!

Kristina said...

Kara, I totally never noticed that they were off...(I obviously don't attend to details well :) and Janelle, yes they are the same pair- crazy huh? The bottom of the heel fell off awhile ago, so I guess without it on, the wood gets worn faster? the one with the heel was mostly fine.

Mom- Kevin is ahead of you. They are already in the trash outside (and getting picked up tomorrow morning) :) Guess we'll have to go shopping later this week?

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! I wear shoes into the ground too. Good luck on the hunt for new ones!