Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Halloween FHE

For several years my friend Etta and I have had a tradition of making caramel apples... Sometimes we manage to get together in the Fall and make them... but usually we do them around the same time across the country from one another (she lives in Virginia).


I finally got my act together and made them this week. We had three couples over for a Halloween FHE. We made caramel apples and carved pumpkins. It was a lot of fun... though it would've obviously been more fun if Etta & Jared could've been here.

I finally figured out how to make the caramel thick enough to stay on the apples. Mini M&Ms are the traditional favorite... Etta & I used to make ourselves SO SICK eating tons of caramel and M&Ms. This year was no different for me.


The pumpkins turned out awesome too.

I loved the ears

Our pumpkin... we used an "easy" pattern

Three Wolves Howling at the Moon

Cool spider web

We had quite a talented group last night. Now our front stoop has a pumpkin on it... so we're ready for Halloween!

1 comment:

E J said...

Fill me in on keeping the caramel on the apples!

Wish we could be there too . . . One of these years!

PS - Remember when someone bought just "a" caramel?