Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

Today was a fun-filled rainy day. I was planning to be bored out of my mind stuck inside... so we decided to be a little creative...

First, we made some homemade Play-Doh

It was my first attempt and it turned out better than expected

We used our Halloween cookie cutters and had fun


Andrew loved throwing balls of Play-Doh everywhere too.
He was occupied for almost an hour. So was I. Play-Doh is really fun. (I also learned I am an OCD Play-Doh person... I hate it when the colors get mixed)

Next we did some bowling...

with apples (look at that focus... just staring the pins down)

and pumpkins (I love the look of anticipation)

Strike! The winning pumpkin! He was excited to show it off.

After that we made a Fall wreath.

I love my new festive fridge decor.

Little man loved getting marker all over his lips
(he also loves standing with his hands behind his back lately...
he looks like he's visiting a museum and can't touch anything)

Lastly, we danced around to the Monster Mash and Ghostbusters theme
(which to Andrew means that you also run around the living room super fast)

Once our creativity was exhausted, we headed to the mall for some shopping and Mrs, Fields cookies. It was a fabulous blustery day!

2 comments:

liesl said...

My kids love play dough too. I can't stand it when the colors get mixed or when little bits of playdough get all over the floor or inside the various toys. Yes, I'm a little OCD too. So we just have rules for the big girls and restrict the things within Leah's reach. And I breathe deep and think happy thoughts. Things invariably get mixed anyway and we just make a swirly ball of the mixed parts.

Jenny said...

andrew is so lucky to have such a fun momma!