Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tunnels

Andrew got his splint off yesterday. He was pretty happy about it... and also stoked about getting another lollipop. Our X-ray experience was just as full of crying, squirming, and screaming as it was last week... and still yielded no results.


I feel like we should be happy that the doctor didn't see anything on the x-ray, but Andrew still hasn't started feeling better... so I'm kind of worried.

He has periods of the day when he limps around the house and we play and then there are other periods of time when he cries and says "hurts" and can't stop crying and just says, "hug." I love that he says "hug." It is so darling to me that he knows what he needs and is able to verbalize it.

Today we made a tunnel. He is loving tunnels lately. He gets so excited when we drive through tunnels or anything that seems like a tunnel... I was glad to snap some shots of him so happy as he limped through his "tunnel."


His leg starting hurting after not too long and we ended the evening with more hugs, lots of crying, and eventually Andrew just signed "all done" and wanted to go to bed way early.


I am hoping he magically wakes up feeling better... otherwise we may be calling our pediatrician again tomorrow. I would actually love to have him wearing a splint again... he was a lot happier and more active with it on.

I can't believe such a silly incident could cause so much sadness for my little guy! Every day I continue to feel so bad about causing it!

On a positive note, he watched three episodes of "Yo Gabba Gabba" today and some Elmo and I got a lot of packing done. Having an immobile or slow moving kid can sometimes be useful. :)

2 comments:

JerzyGrl said...

Poor little guy!! Don't beat yourself up about it though, we all know how great of a mom you are!

E J said...

We LOVE Yo Gabba Gabba! Have you seen the episode with Jack Black - it's Olive's favorite.

Hope Andrew feels better soon!