Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hooray for the Weekend!

We had a great weekend... so great that I barely managed to take any pictures! 

My parents flew into town because my dad was speaking at a local YSA conference on Saturday, so we grabbed a babysitter and ditched the kids and headed to Oakland on Friday night for some yummy Indian food with Jessie and my mom and dad. I have yet to find any Indian food that is good anywhere near where we live, so this was a delicious treat.


Saturday was spent sleeping in till late, running by myself (it is always lovely not to be pushing a double jogger up the hills in the heat), and going swimming as a family.

Once the kids went down for naptime/quiet time I headed over to the Oakland Temple and crashed the singles conference to listen to my dad speak. He did an awesome job and I loved getting to be there.

Afterwards Kevin brought the kiddos to meet up with us for dinner in downtown Walnut Creek (Scott, Cat, Jessie, mom, and dad all came too). We ate and chatted and hung out at a park until it was past time for the kids to hit the sack.


Sunday was spent going to church and hanging around the house and making (and cleaning up) big messes. Kevin had three different church meetings during the day (plus church), so the kids relished the time they got to spend with him when he was home and we actually had a family dinner that was more than just Pasta Roni or quesadillas.

Catie and Andrew played dress up with dad while I took a lovely afternoon nap





And they also broke out some nerf guns. These two were cracking me up.


All in all it was a fabulous weekend. We loved getting to see my parents and siblings for a little bit and I was so happy that I managed to catch up on a few household things for once too- the fridge finally got cleaned and the dishes got done before Monday morning- always a bonus!

I still have loads of laundry to do tomorrow since Andrew decided it would be fun to sneak marshmallows into his room and then squish them all over his bed with his feet. Gotta love 4 year olds.

No comments: