Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Airhead Moments

It was quite the day for me.

I started off by not seeing a curb in the church parking lot and winding up on my knees in excruciating pain with all my books/papers around me. I skinned both of my knees. One knee immediately swelled up. I was just happy no one was around to see me when I flew through the air. I looked so incredibly stupid... and I was in so much shock/pain, that I couldn't even cry. This picture barely even shows the damage...


After cleaning up my bloody knees, I went to teach the YW a lesson on self-reliance. I had a cute handout and toy visual aide to give to them at the end of the lesson. I bought them cute compasses at the dollar store and we talked about how the Savior is our compass and we need to follow him in order to become self-reliant. There was a great quote I stuck on the back of the compasses too... it was an awesome lesson... and then I learned that the compasses were not actually compasses (no wonder they never actually pointed the right direction!)... they were toy roulette games. They actually weren't as obviously gambling toys as the picture below shows... but it was still pretty funny, considering Mormons don't usually gamble. We had a good laugh, and I tried to tie them into the message of the lesson...


Hopefully I find a way to redeem myself tomorrow... today was a pretty airheady day!

2 comments:

JerzyGrl said...

I should've warned you... I had a fall on Friday night. Scraped up my elbow and foot and bruised my bottom. No fun! Must be the twin curse.

Alie said...

Um- that story about the compasses is HILARIOUS. So funny!!!