Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Synchro-filled Saturday

Today I went up to the Avery Aquatic Center at Stanford to watch one of the girls in our ward compete in the 2009 U.S. Synchronized Swimming National Championships. It was threatening to rain the whole time... but held off... and I had a lot of fun watching the competition.


Here are the Santa Clara Aquamaids (the team I was cheering for) starting their final team performance. They did an incredible job and got higher technical marks than some of the other teams they were competing against- Stanford and Ohio State were the other main contenders. They also had one guy on their team... which was unique.




They scored high and received a lot of applause.


The girl I was cheering for won the bronze metal in the solo competition.


And the silver in the duet competition...



and then her team won the gold metal as the best team at the meet! Congrats Aquamaids!


I was so impressed with the amazing athletes that I was able to watch this afternoon. I can't even begin to understand how they do such crazy routines and stunts in the pool. This was such a fun way to spend the afternoon. I love having Stanford University so close by because there are always so many cool sporting events going on.

1 comment:

Alie said...

Agreed! I love stanford sports, and I love synchro swimming!!!