Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

New Things

The little man has been a busy kid this week. I love his adventurous nature, but sometimes it makes me exhausted!

I am loving his new favorite sedentary activity: Building with his NY Yankees blocks. He will sit and stack the blocks for awhile. He is very careful as he stacks them and then cringes when they fall, laughs, and starts back over again. I love to watch the process. He picks the blocks up with his right hand, and then always passes the block to his left, and then builds his big tower.





Other fun things:

- One of his new words is "oh no!" Kev and I think it is pretty funny.

- When I show him his toy monkey he'll try and scratch under his arm pit

- He loves to do exactly what I tell him not to do... little tantrums have gotten louder... and even funnier... and he mellows out pretty quick when he realizes I'm not giving in

- He also has started saying "mama" or something similar to that in association with me... up until now he hasn't done that. Whenever I'd try to practice with him he would just ignore me and say "dada." It's still not totally consistent, but I love it anyway.

- He has always loved it when I would give him a kiss on the cheek or the forehead, but lately he'll randomly come up to me and give me a kiss on my cheek. It is so cute and always such a nice surprise!

- When I ask him to go get his shoes he usually listens. When he doesn't, I try and put his shoes on my feet... he laughs really hard and then comes and takes them from me. It is darling.

- He wants to be a such big kid. Yesterday he almost got trampled during the elementary school's "jogging club" and he didn't care one bit. He also charmed an entourage of 4th grade girls... they all ran around after him and wanted to play with him. He was of course more interested in running onto the softball field during a game.

I love this stage of independence and feel so lucky to have such a happy little boy!

No comments: