Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

A good find

There are a few things that I hate to buy online... running shoes are one of them. I usually try to buy new shoes every 4-5 months (or after around 400-500 miles) because mine get so beat up. Typically, by the time I am buying new shoes, I can't wait much longer (like more than a day) because my feet start hurting.


Usually I go to my favorite overpriced running store at the mall (Lady Foot Locker), and my shoes either costs $130 or they don't have my size... or they only have ugly colors. I finally switched over to Asics from Nike because every time I found a Nike shoe that I liked they would discontinue it. It was so annoying!

Yesterday after we grabbed cookies and Andrew covered himself in chocolate, we went to Lady Foot Locker and the sales girl showed me a whole new sale section... where they had my shoes for $49.99 instead of $130! I almost bought three pairs.


I already can't wait to go running this afternoon!... and Andrew loved the box, of course... so we all lucked out. I'm sure there are tons of good online places I could find these cheap shoes all the time... I need to start planning in advance. You'd think I'd have this figured out by now, since I've been running for almost 15 years. Either way, it made my day and gave me a nice early Mother's Day present. :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I am on my first pair of Asics and I will get them again. They have been great! I got them at the outlets in Gilroy--but I firmly believe that sometimes it is worth the price to saunter up to the full price retail establish and pony up whatever they want to get the right item at the right time.

I hope you love them! Oh--and I also believe in stocking up on running shoes if you find a deal bc you know you will go through them--it's like buying extra tp or cream of chicken soup.

evelania said...

I hear Asics are supposed to be amazing running shoes. And...
ASICS stands for “Anima Sana in Corpore Sano”, a Latin phrase expressing the ancient ideal of a sound mind in a sound body.
Happy running!