Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Counting down the days...

Um, maybe not?... more like hoping the weeks will just slow down :)

I'm going to be a unit leader at our Girls Camp this year. Typically when I think of camping, I think more along these lines...


I would love to have my own troupe of people show up in a caravan to pop open an enormous tent for me equipped with all sorts of good food, comfy chairs and a nice warm bed.

If I'd had my way... this is how camp fundraising would've gone too (I'm sure the girls are very grateful I wasn't totally in charge- and yes, this is the absolute best late 80s movie ever!)



In little over 5 weeks I will be leaving civilization. I am thinking that I should start preparing by sleeping out on my porch, "under the stars," like we will be doing at camp. I have never done that before. In NJ it was pretty hard to see stars... and I'm not what you would consider to be a "wilderness girl" either. If I recall correctly, we went out for fast food one year when I was at camp... and slept pretty comfortably (at least once my mom was put in charge)... we also had TONS of treats and good food (also thanks to my mom).


I am hoping to find a way to at least stash a week's worth of these special friends somewhere where the bears won't find them... but I might be returning to the dark side and resuming my diet Coke addiction if this whole camping week plays out the way I think it will.

Wish me luck as we start preparing for camp this week!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

you'll be such a great unit leader--your girls will be so lucky to have you! what year do you have??

Liz said...

I believe I only attended Girl's Camp the year I knew we'd be staying in cabins. I do NOT sleep out under the stars. I find no pleasure in it.

I'm sure you will make the most of Girl's Camp, and you always find the positive in everything, so something tells me it might not be too bad.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Hayley said...

yay! you'll be awesome. and yes, pretty much the greatest movie ever. my sister & i quote that movie on a regular basis as part of our regular conversation.

Alie said...

It will be great! I used to go camping all the time growing up, but I can understand why you don't like it... maybe you should borrow our HUGE GINORMOUS TENT???