Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting Organized

I am probably weird, but I asked for organizational things for Christmas. I've really wanted to get Andrew's toys/stuff in his room more organized... and now I am finally making progress.

I got these two things set up today and now his room is less of a disaster.

Eventually I'm going to label all the bins with icons/words so that he know what goes where and actually can clean up all by himself (or so I hope).


I especially love that he can now see everything a lot easier... especially his books. I could've probably used two of each of these since I have so many books in cupboards still and more toys all over the house, but this way I can rotate toys in and out of his room and hide some so he'll get less bored of them.


I totally would've loved to have had a bigger version of these in my classroom. Durable, colorful, not too expensive, and easily replaced once they are thrashed in a few years by Andrew :)

Now that that is done... I need to go unpack from vacation, take down Christmas, and still unpack the rest of the boxes in my house! Always too much to do!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous organization! I got a label maker for Christmas with high hopes of labeling everything. I have yet to open it.

Jenny said...

ooh i like those. i'm always looking for more ways to get organized since our apartment seems to be shrinking these days. are they from ikea or where?

Kristina said...

Target. They have girly ones too in more pastel colors. Perfect if you don't want to spend a lot.

Kara said...

Very nice! I love getting organized. It makes life seem like its a lot less chaotic. I like you idea of labeling the bins so in time he can put the toys away himself. I'd say that is one fabulous Christmas gift!!

Liz said...

I have eyed the toy organizer many times myself. Love it!