Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not a game

This is how Andrew spent the evening at our Stake Youth Standards Night.... with some help from my hand.

Every time I thought he'd be ready to sit and play and eat gummy bears (lots of bribery), I'd take my hand off his mouth. The second it was off his mouth, he thought it was time to sing or scream.

The youth were performing a great musical number and Andrew wanted to join in LOUDLY. Bribery didn't work. I repeated the clapping hand over his mouth followed by screaming thing a few times until I realized I wasn't winning. By then he thought we were playing a game.

I've discovered lately that I win less and less with this kid. My serious face when he's done something wrong results in laughing/giggles... Cat/Jess/Scott??? I think you may have had some part in this. "Serious face?"

On Friday Andrew threw water at me because he wanted juice, not water. I told him "no, we don't throw water at mommy" while giving my best teacher "evil eye" sort of look. I think I've lost my gift... he just started giggling. I used to make little kids cringe and cry with that look. I tried to stare him down... but then I lost it too. I just sat on the floor laughing.

Same thing happened tonight. I think I've lost all control of the little man and myself. :)

2 comments:

E J said...

The joy of having a two year old!

Ashley said...

This makes me laugh bc Max is SO loud too! He is mortifying during sacrament meeting--lots of loud animal sounds!