Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mr. Penguin

Today Andrew and I created Mr. Penguin.


I got several awesome toddler and preschool activity books for Christmas... so my goal is to try out a few activities every day. I loved "The Mailbox" series for arts & crafts when I was teaching K-2... so the preschool version is perfect with just a little modification for Andrew.


Here Andrew is explaining how he got to punch the paper and stick the circles on Mr. Penguin. He wasn't really a fan of getting glue on his hands, so this activity was pretty funny. I cut out the body and assembled it and he hole punched the paper and decorated the tummy. It took 5-10 minutes. Perfect for a toddler attention span.


Mr. Penguin hung out with us for the next hour or so.

Napping with Mr. Penguin ;)


Playing basketball with Mr. Penguin


Uh oh! Wipe out!


Mr. Penguin must bring good luck!


Teaching Mr. Penguin how to order mommy around.


Showing Mr. Penguin how to look surprised/hurt when mommy won't let us watch "Boulder" again.... might just manipulate her into changing her mind?


Giving Mr. Penguin lots of love! (aka- slowly crushing him to death)


Mr. Penguin survived one whole day. His arms and legs are ripped now. We'll see if he can make through tomorrow with all the loving.

Other favorite new books I got...

Gymboree Toddler Play

The Toddler's Busy Book

The Wiggle and Giggle Busy Book

The Best of the Mailbox- PreK

Rhyming Books, Marble Painting , and Many Other Activities for Toddlers: 25-36 Months

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I want to get some of those books! Thanks for sharing your good mom tips!

Kara said...

What a clever idea! I bet Andrew loved making him and even more so loved taking him around everywhere. I guess the hug/death squeeze is a pretty good indicator of Andrews feelings for Mr. Penguin. Either he loves him, or is trying to smother him to death... only time will tell. : )