Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reunited!!

This morning I headed over to Escondido for 5th grade graduation. I was reunited with Yvette, John, and Ashley- we all worked together in my Special Day class my last year at Escondido.


Yvette was with me from the beginning (2002) and John came on board not too long afterwards. We were a great team and I think about them daily. Ashley was the breath of fresh air that joined the SDC staff during my last year of teaching. I love all three of them!

These boys in the picture below were the reason we all got to see each other. What handsome men! I had them when they were babies (1st through 3rd grade). Remember this post... it was all about them. They prepared me to be a super mom to Andrew.

(forgive the terrible angle and photo... just look at the handsome boys)

When I saw them walk across the stage all handsome in their suits... I couldn't handle it. I cried THE ENTIRE TIME until the last 5th graders got their certificates. Yvette cried too... so at least I was in good company. She was smart and wore sunglasses though.

After the ceremony, I cried some more, hugged some friends, and then my boys came and found me!

I am so proud of these young men and sad I only got pictures with three out of my five graduating students (all boys). They are graduating and heading to middle school! They all have worked so hard and made tremendous progress. When they were in 1st grade none of them were reading and even in 3rd grade they were all way below grade-level. Now they all read at grade level! I am so proud of them!

No comments: