Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A GIANT Weekend

On Friday night I hopped onto BART and headed into SF to meet up with Kevin. We watched the Giants play the Oakland As. It was our first game of the season and it was wonderful!


We enjoyed some snacks
(Ghirardelli sundae for Kev)

(Ghirardelli hot cocoa for me)

The game had plenty of things to keep us entertained- a few home runs, a teenage brawl a few rows up, some pot smokers, and a kid kicking our seats... but the Giants won... so we were happy.

We got our annual family photo at the game too... it looks very similar to this one from last year.

Giants vs As 2010

The only negative about our seats was that we couldn't see the jumbo tron... so it felt like we were living back in the dark ages without technology. Fortunately, Kevin had his phone handy so that we could get any info that we happened to miss... and so that he could Google the AT&T Park concession stand map so that we could easily find food.

After a LATE night out, I woke up early this morning to head back into SF for The AT&T Giant Race. We only did the Plate to Plate 5K because I was a little worried about running the half marathon. I usually faint after those... so I didn't think that fainting while being pregnant would be very smart.

My running buddy Sarah joined me for the race. It was bright and sunny... and hot from the start, so that also made me glad we weren't doing the half. We finished the race inside the ballpark and got to walk and cross home plate at the end. The people hadn't planned it out very well (I think the race was bigger than usual this year), so we didn't end up getting a formal picture taken of us crossing home plate... but we weren't going to be deterred from our goal... we hung out by home plate (while getting told to move), so that Kev could snap our photo.

(us far away)

(zoomed in- we love how we are just posing amidst all the people telling us to keep moving)

Chris & Kevin drove into SF with Andrew & Izzie a little later in the morning and they snuck into AT&T Park so that they could cheer us on at the end. Kevin even saw me on the jumbo tron as I crossed the finish line.

We finished in 29:38 and I came in 44th place (out of 234 women in my age group 30-34). Not my fastest time, but I was satisfied. It was definitely easier to run a 5K without pushing Andrew in the stroller like the last one I did.

happy to be done and finally hydrated!

I loved my cute cheering section. Andrew wouldn't let me put him down (despite how exhausted I was) and was very excited about my medal.


The boys hadn't eaten breakfast yet, so where better to go at 10:30am in the morning than Ghirardelli Square! Yes, you read correctly... Kevin & Chris wanted ice cream sundaes. Apparently, 10:30am is an awesome time to beat the crowds. The place was practically empty, yet shockingly still open and we weren't the only ones there!

Andrew enjoyed his breakfast brownie

And both boys enjoyed their peanut butter fudge sundae


I opted for some hot cocoa and we all enjoyed watching Andrew & Izzie run around the restaurant in circles screaming like psychos... maybe it was the brownies for breakfast?

After "breakfast," Chris & Kevin left us and headed back to AT&T Park to watch the US vs England World Cup game on the Jumbo tron.


Meanwhile Sarah & I enjoyed a nice "quiet" (a word you can't ever use when Izzie & Andrew are together) ride home. These two enthusiastically tried to "share" one of the foam fingers that we'd gotten at the race. Unfortunately the other one was back in my car.


By the end of the long ride they were expert sharers



and we made a quick pit stop at our house so the little guys could play outside and actually eat some real food before everyone went home to take naps! I definitely needed one!

No comments: