Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

United We Run- 2009

Today Andrew and I headed off to San Francisco to participate in the 2009 “United We Run” RadRockyD 5K Fun Run. This is the 2nd time we have done this run together. Last time we ran it I was about 6 1/2 months pregnant with Andrew.

We started off the day with the Spanish Hokey Pokey to get us warmed up for running.


Then we were off. We raced from Chrissy Field to the GG Bridge.


Andrew was pretty cooperative sitting in the jogger. Just demanded food along the way and then dropped everything underneath himself. I bribed him with granola bars and fruit snacks.


We only stopped 5 times... and I almost tied my time from when I was pregnant. I thought that was pretty good considering back then I weighed an extra 15/20 lbs and this time I pushed a 30 lb boy with snacks/stuff and a 23 lb stroller. It definitely felt like more of a workout this time.

The awards ceremony was a lot of fun because my cousin Jenny won 2nd place in the women's division. She got some fun prizes and a crown. Jenny's fan club came down to cheer her on.


The post-race treats weren't as good this year and they didn't have Jamba Juice... but I had a lot of fun and Andrew loved running around and playing with all of the other kids and participants.

I love when guys will just stop and play with kids, even when they don't know them.


The weather was gorgeous. Isn't that view spectacular?


Andrew's favorite part was helping clean up the cones after the race.


I'm already looking for another race to try out... preferably one that is longer (10K +), a little more organized, and in a location equally as beautiful.

No comments: