Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pie Night

Tonight I grabbed my gear and headed off to church for a fun-filled night of pie crust making with the ladies.


A darling lady who makes 50+ pies every Thanksgiving for her family taught us her special pie crust making secrets.

It was nice to make some new friends and come home with something delicious to stick in the oven. We popped it in immediately.


The crust was great... the filling was just "eh" (could've used more flour, cinnamon, and sugar)... but it still tasted good with ice cream. I'm also not a huge fruity pie fan.


I'll have to try out the recipe again soon.


It was a nice change to whip out my apron and mixer and spend the evening baking. Makes me excited for the holidays that are fast approaching!

1 comment:

peter said...

What was the crust recipe? Or is that a family secret?