Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Two Speeds

Lately Andrew has two speeds... super fast or asleep. This move and all the changes this week have made him completely hyper.

I am so glad we finally have a backyard for him to explore and run around in. He spent 30 minutes collecting "cones" (pine cones) in his truck and pulling them around.


He also played around with my lacrosse stick and a tennis ball. The highlight of the afternoon was when he went outside and played by himself for awhile and I watched him out the window while I did the dishes and got dinner ready.


Later we christened our house by making our first batch of cookies in our new double oven. Andrew easily kept himself entertained.


He would not leave me alone until he got some bites of a cookie. He made a mess. It was not nearly as bad as Saturday when he had melted chocolate chips in between his toes and a mohawk of melted chocolate. I am still bummed I missed that photo op.

The cookie definitely added to the hyperness... (my new word?)



So we spent about 20 minutes doing laps around the kitchen until both Kevin and I were burned out... our little energizer bunny didn't like that very much.



What a crazy little kid!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Pine cone collecting, a backyard, homemade cookies, and a double oven? I'd be hyper too. I'm glad he's keeping you on your toes. I love the picture of Kevin with Andrew running between his legs!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe you guys are living there! Sad. It feels like you should still be here. :( Well, it looks really nice and fun, and backyards are the best. It looks like a good one, too.