Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

By the time we were done moving in on Saturday, we were all too tired (mostly me) to take Andrew out trick-or-treating... so instead we all stayed home and passed out candy. I am lame, but oh well.

It was the highlight of my weekend... but having the doorbell ring will never be the same again.

Little man bit through several pieces of candy (with the wrappers on), so our supply kept diminishing while we waited for our little visitors.

I was too tired to put him in his costume, so he wore his "Mr. Bones" pjs instead. He was stoked.


Andrew handed the candy to the kids... it was a surprise for them every time... sometimes they got 1 piece, sometimes he would give them 3, sometimes he threw candy at them... sometimes he ate their candy, but whatever he did, they loved it. Some kids even came back 2 or 3 times. One eight year-old little girl came and sat on our stoop to take a break and chat because she thought Andrew was so cute. It was nice to meet a few neighbors and see how many cute kids live nearby.


Andrew had a little meltdown after each group left. He would yell "bye-bye" and after I closed the door he would yell "ding dong" and "knock knock" and run around frustrated until we'd hear more people coming.


Waiting eagerly as the kids walked up the front steps


Happy Halloween! As you can tell, by the end of the night little man was a little loopy and tired (he looks drunk in this picture), but it was a great night.


Next year is our year... I want to get a lot of candy. This year I was too tired to eat candy. For those of you who know me well... that means I was really tired, since usually nothing will deter me from a situation where chocolate or candy is involved.

I am ready for November to begin!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i wouldn't go trick or treating either after a day like that! i might still manage to eat chocolate though...not sure. anyways, sounds like it was a successful move--i'm sure you're happy to be done with that part!