Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fall Foliage

I love the beautiful trees in my front yard. They are so tall and the leaves are changing to all sorts of pretty fall colors.


The Boss and I decided it was time to do some raking because we could barely see the grass anymore. My favorite trees drop leaves on our lawn all day long.

Andrew supervised from his truck for a bit, but then decided to pitch in and help a little.


He expected payment for his work in the form of M&Ms. This is when he yelled at me because I couldn't get them out of my pocket fast enough.


And yes, I used Christmas ribbon to make him a belt. That is not part of his shirt. It is a temporary solution. I always forget to buy him belts and his jeans just fall down all the time. Sometimes I wonder where the mom is at our house... because clearly I am not one. My new neighbors like to think of me as the babysitter. They think I'm 18... definitely a boost to my self-esteem since I turn 30 in two weeks.

Raking took me and the boss about an hour and 1/2. He kept yelling for me to go faster, but then he'd run through the leaves and fall in the piles and make a big mess. My hands and back are very sore. I tried competing with the landscaping people across the street... I think they blew 5 lawns in the time it took for me to rake ours.

We had more fun though.


There is definitely satisfaction that comes from working hard (this was as raked as it got).


Of course once I was done, several big gusts of wind came down and covered the lawn again. I think we'll be buying a leaf blower on Saturday.

Although I think this would be more effective :)


Maybe for Christmas? ;)

No comments: