Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

The BIG 3-0

Today was a fabulous day. I decided that any day that is filled with things that Andrew loves would be a great birthday for me.

We started off the day with a trip to Borges Ranch in Walnut Creek. We went with my cousin Jenny and the kids/moms from her Joy School. We loved it.


The kids could go inside all of the pens and pet all the animals.



Andrew's favorite animal was the rooster. One of the little 8 year-olds who was with us said, "I wish I was as brave as he is (talking about Andrew)." Little man had no fear. I was worried I'd get pecked to death.



Kate & Andrew had fun running around together and finding sticks.



Who knew that hitting sticks against a barb wire fence could be so cool.


We ended the trip with lunch and a turkey craft.


Later in the day (after Andrew's brief nap- I guess he didn't get the memo that 30 minutes doesn't count as a nap on my birthday?)... we headed over to Downtown to jump on the Ironhorse Regional Trail and go jogging to a cool new park.


The park had a cute train and the whole playground was train themed with lots of tunnels and bridges. Andrew was in heaven.





After a day filled with fun adventures, we came home and ran around, made birthday crowns, and got a visit from friends from church who dropped by some cookies.





Later on our family celebration was filled with more treats, cake, and candle blowing. I asked for Kevin to only give me treats this year (no presents- since I just got my beautiful house)... he stepped up and delivered. We will be eating treats all week thanks to Kevin and my mom. They both just know exactly what I love.


I ended the night with phone calls from family and a nice hot bath in my huge bathtub. It was a perfect day and a great way to start off my 30s!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

your pictures from the ranch turned out really cute! i might have to steal some of them ;)

glad you had a good birthday! we had a fun time helping you celebrate!

Liz said...

I don't know what sounds more appealing - the bubble bath, that gorgeous running trail, or the giant cookie cake!!

I love being in my 30s and I'm sure you will too!