Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Party Weekend

This weekend we had a lot of fun celebrating the birthdays of several friends... and doing a little bit of early celebrating for my birthday.

We started off with a trip to Neverland to celebrate Andrew's friend M's birthday. He got a cute Peter Pan hat that he LOVED wearing.


He also got to walk the plank. He did it again and again.


The kids danced and sang around the tee pee. Andrew thought it was a tunnel and crawled through it and under it.


Little man loved the juice and the chocolate cake the best. He was also stoked that they had his favorite food for lunch- noodles.


My friend Alie always throws incredible parties... each year she finds some new and creative thing to do. Some day I hope I can throw a party that is even half as good.

The pirate ship was amazing.


Andrew had the best time playing with the balloons and seeing his buddies.


I could tell that he has missed them. He seemed so happy and anxiety-free the whole afternoon. The end of the party was the most precious. Kevin told him to give his little buddy a birthday kiss and he went right up to her and planted a kiss right on her cheek! It was darling and I was sad I didn't have my camera.

Later in the day we had an early birthday celebration for me at my favorite restaurant in Mountain View- Shivas.

Andrew loved Kevin's Mango Lassi and I downed my Shahi Paneer and all the appetizers we ordered way too quickly. The food was incredible and Andrew was on his best behavior- he was such a patient restaurant patron.


In the evening we went to Andrew's friend J's house for a Housewarming/Birthday celebration. The day was full of so much good food and time with many great friends. It was such a fun way to spend the weekend.

The icing on the cake of the weekend was a small family birthday dinner that Kevin threw for me. My cousin Jenny and her family came and Bryant and Candice also made the trek up to celebrate my birthday with us.

The kids had so much fun together... especially in the ball room. I love this picture because it looks like the girls are going to gang up on Andrew and pelt him with balls.


I am also happy that Andrew loves his cousin (2nd cousin I think?) Kate so much. They were darling together.


This was the best group kid shot I could get. All three of them loved sitting on the step.


Kev got me two ice cream cakes from Baskin & Robbins. This is the one where he actually put the correct number of candles on the cake... it was completely covered. I am old ;) and I love it!


Little man also had a blast playing ball and getting thrown by Chris. If I would offer to play kick with him he would look at me like I was crazy and go grab Chris to come.


Overall, we had a fabulous party-filled weekend... and fortunately for me, the party continued all day today.

3 comments:

RC Cola said...

Sounds like a fun birthday. Happy 30th!

Jenny said...

mmm if you find you are not able to finish all of your birthday treats by wednesday we are just off the freeway on your way out of town... ;) totally kidding. but looking at your blog is making me hungry.

happy birthday again!

Liz said...

I'm sad we missed the celebration! The cake looks and sounds delicious.

And for the record, I've lived with you, and you know how to throw parties. It's in your blood. I'm sure Andrew will have his own amazing parties soon enough. I will give your friend props though for the water on the walls. That looks so cool!