Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

To Exchange or Not to Exchange?

We have a small dilemma and I would love some opinions. We got our new fridge today. It has tons of great space. I'm not totally sold on the color and size though. We got a satina stainless look that doesn't show fingerprints (a positive with Andrew running around). We also got a normal sized fridge, not one that is counter-depth.

(our new fridge)

The old owners had the same fridge, but it was an older model that incorporated more black... but had the same finish and was the same size. They don't make this one anymore.

(their old fridge)

We are contemplating exchanging our fridge for one that is counter-depth (not as deep as the current one)... and maybe one with a stainless finish? (we'll maybe sacrifice the fingerprints for the matching appliance look?)... but I'm not sure.

What's your opinion? I can't decide.

4 comments:

becky said...

here's my two cents, for what it's worth :) I think the non-counter-depth is fine - at least it doesn't look weird to me. I do like the one with black a little better, but the other one doesn't look bad. We have a Whirlpool Satina one that has black on the sides and the water dispenser area, but not the handles - I can't tell what brand the one you have is, but they may still make ours? good luck :)

kt said...

I like the fridge you have, esp. the idea of no fingerprints, but it's hard to tell from pictures - Good Luck!

Liz said...

As John looked over my shoulder, I told him your dilemma, and we both agree GET A COUNTER DEPTH!!! We bought our fridge before we remodeled our kitchen, so we are stuck (relatively speaking) with what we have, and it isn't counter depth, and we both get bugged by it. As John said, you'll never notice the loss of 6 inches, and you'll be happy it is flush with the counters.

Alie said...

my opinion is get counter depth for sure. It is kind of weird sticking out... and we have stainless steel, and it's not that bad. but, i guess i do clean it all the time?!