Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Firsts and Last

On Saturday night after hours of unpacking (and only snacking on brownies and cookies) we got take-out from Zachary's Pizza and enjoyed our first meal in our new house. It was delicious. We scarfed it down on our make-shift mini kitchen tables (ie. chairs)... Kevin and I sat on the floor. We had no paper plates, so we just used a lot of paper towels.


Today we had our first sit-down dinner in our new house. It was not as good as the pizza (pasta-roni, corn, and partially charred biscuits), but we were hungry, so it worked. It was nice to sit down in the kitchen together as a family and use actual plates. Now I also know that my oven cooks things quickly :)


So far we are making progress. We put all the boxes in the living room/dining room so that we would see them constantly and be reminded to unpack quickly.


We tackled the kitchen and family room today.


I can't go to bed if my kitchen isn't organized and clean. Thanks to my extraordinary mother-in-law, I am going to sleep soundly tonight. We started working this morning at 6am (Andrew didn't get the memo about the extra hour of sleep we were supposed to have). Now everything has a place and I have unearthed many awesome wedding presents that I didn't remember I had. We are still waiting anxiously for our fridge. For now we have a nice cheap Craigslist one chillin in the garage. I am excited that I will soon have 2 refrigerators... which will make holiday entertaining so much easier.

Unpacked kitchen

Kevin can't survive in a place where the speakers and television aren't set up. The cable people are coming tomorrow... so today he worked hard to get everything organized so that their visit will go smoothly.


We can both go to bed now and feel very satisfied... at least until tomorrow when we walk past the living room and remember all of the boxes we have left to unpack! We were so blessed to have so much great people in Santa Clara and the East Bay help us with moving.

Thanks again! We are hoping this will be our LAST move for awhile!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

i am jealous of the big, beautiful home. i am not jealous, however, of the unpacking & organizing. good luck! :)

Kara said...

Wow, you're making some serious progress. Thats awesome. Your house is absolutely gorgeous (even with boxes everywhere). I think my jaw dropped a little when i saw your kitchen. I'm beyond jealous. Do you have two ovens?

E J said...

Yeah! Finally!

Alie said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you!!!