Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Boys Baking Time

There are some things that happen that you know must become weekly traditions... because they are seriously awesome. Tonight Kevin and Andrew had boys baking time. It must happen again!



I lounged on the couch chatting on the phone with Elise while they dug through my cupboards of cookbooks trying to decide on a recipe. Elise was in North Carolina all last week and I didn't get to have my usual daily phone chat with her, so we made up for lost time tonight... while the boys baked.

I wish I had thought to snap a photo of the two of them together. Andrew sat on the counter sneaking chocolate chips and "helping" pour ingredients into the KitchenAid and Kevin hand rolled every cookie to make sure it had the right chocolate chip to peanut butter dough ratio. 

The cookies were edible... in fact, I had two. I was impressed. Mostly I just loved watching Andrew have so much fun with his dad. He was so proud of their cookies... and then proceeded to down two of them himself before we sent him off into dreamland.  

Here's the recipe, in case you're dying for some peanut buttery chocolate chip goodness:

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar 
1/2 brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/4 cup flour
1-1/2 cup chocolate chips

Mix everything together in the KitchenAid. Roll dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten them with a fork. Sprinkle sugar lightly on top. Cook 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool... and eat!

The recipe seems very similar to the one I use for Hershey kiss cookies... but I loved the chocolately goodness sprinkled through out.

If you have any other favorite recipes the boys should try out during Boys Baking Time, send them my way! I'm hoping this becomes a new Sunday night tradition!

1 comment:

Liz said...

This is totally cute. I love thinking of Andrew stealing chocolate chips while the two of them backed.

You should have them make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting. The frosting alone is good too.

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/new-recipes/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-cupcakes.html