Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Friends are Treasures

Two weeks ago my good friend Liz sacrificed an entire evening to help me make cute bandanas for my unit of girls at Girls Camp. I cut, she sewed and offered creative advice... and the finished product was perfect!

Here I am modeling one of the bandanas. The theme for camp was "Where is your treasure?" and each group came up with a name related to treasure. My girls were "The Gold Diggers" (thanks again Lindsey for the name suggestion!). I had to make or buy something for them to wear that would identify our group around camp.


I loved the b&w polka dot edges. The symbol I made was of a shovel and a pick... some of the tools used to dig for gold. The girls in my group spent the week "digging for gold" within one another and within the scriptures.


The girls loved the bandanas and wore them a variety of ways throughout the week at camp.


Thanks again Liz! You are such a treasured friend!

2 comments:

RC Cola said...

What a cute and creative idea. I love the headbands!

Liz said...

I'm so glad the bandanas were a hit. I love when my hobby can help a friend out. And, I'm SO glad we did the black trim!! Very cute!