Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

We thought we'd have a relaxing Sunday afternoon...

Instead we spent some time at Urgent Care with Andrew.


Fortunately we brought a video for our long wait and the nurse gave Andrew a lollipop. When we went home I was nice and sticky.


Earlier today, Andrew decided to pull over our little table in the front hall. He was really quick. We were glad our big glass vase of flowers was not on it. Afterwards, I spent some time hitting the "bad, bad" table. Since we're probably moving soon, we've been putting off nailing the table into the wall. Bad idea. The table is now gone.

After the table fell, I knew something was not right with Andrew when he wasn't consoled with M&Ms. :) Upon inspection, I discovered that the table had hit his shin and ankle in its fall. I had been so worried thinking he'd hit his head that I hadn't noticed anything else.

His left shin and ankle both have some nice bruises (his head does not)... and the little man was walking around like a drunken one-legged sailor for a bit (collapsing every time he put pressure on his left leg), but after a few hours he was running around again. Such a resilient kid! He was such a good sport and wasn't even grumpy at Urgent Care, despite missing his nap.

I love my happy little boy and am so grateful he is ok! I have a feeling we have many more trips to the urgent care in our future. This weekend the little guy also skinned his knees at least once a day. The doctor had the hardest time figuring out which bruises were from the table incident.

Gotta love busy little boys!

2 comments:

Kim and Julie said...

Poor Andrew!!! He is definetly at the age where he gets into everything and it's hard to even know what he will do next. Luckily kids bounce back quickly.
He is adorable and we are counting the days til we get to watch him while you and Kevin go on the cruise. Give him a big hug for us. Grandma Julie and Grandpa

Jenni said...

Wow. I thought you were going to say the glass table shattered on him. Thank you for making me panic for a second.
I'm glad he's okay, but I'm sad you had to go through that!!!