Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Welcome Baby Caffee!!

Tonight I got to meet my new little niece. She was so thoughtful and waited until Andrew and I arrived at the hospital before she decided to be born. She is exquisite! So tiny and perfect. I can't wait to spend more time with her tomorrow!


While my mom babysat Andrew in the hallway, I got to hold her for a few minutes. She's so little... especially compared to how heavy Andrew is now.


Congratulations Elise and Dan!!


As evidenced from the picture above, Andrew wasn't too excited about being anywhere near his new cousin. He seemed to have a sense that all the attention was no longer on him. It was pretty hysterical! He had a little cry when he saw me holding the baby. He's in for a rude awakening now that he's not the center of the universe at the Smith home anymore :)

He definitely preferred the waiting room full of bored people who were excited to talk with him and play with him.



We are so grateful for such a precious healthy little niece. Dan & Elise are going to be such awesome parents! We are also so glad that she decided to come a week early so that we could come out early and see her (we were supposed to be coming out to Utah this weekend anyway)! We can't wait to get to know her a little better tomorrow and find out what her name is.

Congrats Caffees!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I have been thinking about Elise all day since I saw that you were headed to UT. I hope the labor and delivery wasn't too bad.

Her baby girl looks beautiful and so tiny. It is crazy how little they are when they are born, and how quickly they grow up.

Huge Congrats on being a new Aunt!!

jocie said...

Baby Caffee is beautiful (no surprise there). Congrats Dan and Elise!