Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Beach Day!!

We left for Santa Cruz bright and early this morning! It was the perfect day for relaxing at the beach.

I was expecting to just hang out and play in the sand with Andrew... since he hated the water the entire time we were in Hawaii...


Little man surprised me though and wanted to play in the water almost the entire day!


What could be better than a wet sand fight?


We contemplated playing on the boardwalk and doing some rides, but the kiddos were having way too much fun in the water to even think about leaving.


We had a good sized group come down with us- eight moms and probably ten or more kids. It was so awesome to get together with so many of our favorite people all in one place!

Playing with buddies!!


I was so glad some of the smart moms brought umbrellas and little beach tents. I definitely need to get us an umbrella for our next beach trip!



The kids dug a big hole (with moms doing a lot of the digging) and filled it all with water...


It was so cute to see them all working together... especially when the water kept disappearing.


Little man also enjoyed relaxing on his chair and eating snacks


But his favorite activity of the day was running around and then throwing himself face first into the sand... and then getting up, and doing it again. We will be cleaning sand out of his hair, belly button, and nose for the next several days. The only reason I hate the beach is SAND.


After an afternoon in the sun, the boys crashed within moments of getting in the car. Andrew was holding his DVD player with a death grip... and still managed to pass out.


Erin and I stopped for Marianne's ice cream on our way out of town. It is the main reason I love going to Santa Cruz :) I planned to share a lot of my ice cream with the little man... unfortunately for him, he slept all the way back to Santa Clara.


Instead he ate a cone full of ice cream from Erin's house :) as we trekked home during rush hour. We always pick the best times to drive ;)


The sun made me exhausted. I will be sleeping soundly tonight! I think beach day needs to happen weekly... especially when the weather is this gorgeous.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh man, we should have come with you! I need a beach day.

Ashley said...

Jealous! I love those perfect summer days! Esp. when the kids totally crash. They make me feel like a good mom. :)

Liz said...

Looks like fun...and I know don't if I said this before but I LOVE that every outing you take involves ice cream. You crack me up!

Kristina said...

Liz- it totally seems like it doesn't it! I don't know what my deal is... but ice cream is my favorite thing these days bc it is so hot!! Baby girl must like it too :) since I want it all the time... although mostly just when I am not at my house.

Sarah said...

This looks like a blast! Perfect summer outing.