Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer is gonna be beautiful!

Andrew and I found a fun little swimming pool last Monday and set it up this week. We probably played in it every day... and invited several friends to come over and play too.



The best part was that I bought a cheap air pump so I didn't have to manually inflate it (or wait for Kevin to get home to inflate it). We moved our slide over to the pool so that Andrew can have a water slide. He will stay outside for hours... eat lunch outside... and then play again.



I can bring my laptop outside, or a book, or other projects and sit at the table and watch him as I work. So far this has been my favorite part about summer.





We also checked out our neighborhood pool this week. It has a 3ft swimming pool and a hot tub. There isn't a baby pool, but the steps worked just fine for Andrew. My neighbor, her two kids, another friend and her daughter, and Andrew & I spent hours there. The pool was empty. My neighbor brought pizza and we just hung out and watched the kids play. We barely had to get wet because they didn't want to leave the steps. It was awesome.

I am entering my lazy days of summer stage... here are my goals

1. Go to the pool almost every day and lounge

2. Read several new books while lounging (we hit the library yesterday, so we're all set for this one)

3. Check out some new pools and lounge there too :) I found some good ones nearby with fun kiddie pools that have fountains and water slides.

4. BBQ and make simple healthy meals as much as possible.

5. Eat a lot of popsicles and fudgesicles!

To compensate for all this laziness, I also actually have a lot of work to do. One of my student's is going to middle school next year, so I have lots and lots of curriculum to modify! I also have a fun project I am working on for Sage Publications. Fortunately there are several college aged babysitters that are home for the summer that live in our neighborhood... and they are cheap to hire!

I think I'll be working one morning a week all summer (and maybe going for a jog by myself too). I can't wait! I will get work done during the day AND Andrew will get someone more fun than me to hang out with. We both win! :)

Do you have any awesome lazy summer goals to pass along? I could use more.

Do you have any great summer brain candy books I should read? Nothing non-fiction or challenging... or really too thought provoking please! I have read too many of those lately!

I can already tell, the rest of the summer is going to be beautiful!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

have you read The Help? Gueurnsey(sp) and potatoe peel pie society?

Kristina said...

Nope, not yet. I have the Potato peel one on hold at the library, so I have to go get that... and haven't read the other one. I'll have to get it. Thanks for the suggestions!!

JerzyGrl said...

I am in this Chick Lit book club, so I'll send you a list of the ones I like. So far "The Overnight Socialite" was really good. I've been reading a lot of easy reads lately.

Hayley said...

so fun to see you today! i like your summer list. for me, summer is about eating all the hot dogs & ice-cream i can eat guilt-free before fall starts.