Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day Trip to Camp

On Wednesday night I was up late making a gazillion hand cookies for a Friday night devotional at Girls Camp. They were even better once they were all done... flesh frosted and all :) I totally thought it was creepy making them... especially seeing so many hands on my counter :) I finished them off with frosting and M&M fingernails. I'm kinda glad I don't get to be at camp to watch the girls bite off the fingers.


On Thursday my friend Madelin and I drove up one of the YW up to camp at Clark Fork in Stanislaus National Forest.

It was fun to reunite with the group of girls from my ward and hang out for the evening. The theme for camp was B.O.O.T. Camp (Build Our Own Testimonies) and our group was called the Super Troopers (Paratroopers).


Everything is better at camp- especially the food... bc for some reason you get so famished after walking around in all the dust and dirt.

The skits were awesome. Especially the one put on by all the men showing their version of the Director's cut of Twilight... Michael Jackson + a hairy Jacob + a pasty faced Edward + a very very unique looking Bella... was pretty hysterical. I didn't take any pictures though- just to preserve the dignity of the men that were involved.

One of the cute girls in our ward getting ready for her skit


The views from the campfire as the day got dimmer were gorgeous.


We ate heaping plates of potatoes at dinner (so you know I was in heaven)... and this might've been the prettiest dessert I've ever seen served at a Girls Camp... and it was delicious too.


After dinner, and campfire, the girls went on a beautiful Faith walk and had a nice devotional... and then Madelin & I said our goodbyes and went home around 11pm.

The drive back through the completely empty Stanislaus Forest was a little creepy at times... especially since there was no cell phone coverage, but we survived and made it home a little before 2am. I am exhausted! Six hours of driving in one day was tiring- my little baby girl seemed to LOVE hanging out with all the YW though... she was awake, alert, and kicking the entire time we were at camp and on a good chunk of the drive home.

Glad to relax at home today and avoid being in the car. So grateful for my friend Alice who kept Andrew happy all day yesterday so I could go to camp. I was so sad I couldn't stay up for the entire week... but after getting to sleep in my own bed last night (away from the bugs), I was kinda happy I only did a day trip.

No comments: