Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happenings at the Buskirk Casa this week

- Work! I spent several day and evening hours doing work projects. Andrew loved bug hunting and playing trains with his super babysitter. I am really going to miss her when she returns to BYU in a few weeks.
(part of the exciting science textbook I have modified)
- Did some much needed catching up with some old friends in Santa Clara & Redwood City that I haven't hung out with in 6 months or so. Andrew was a good sport until the too late drive home... and then even the Beatles wouldn't keep him happy anymore.


- Extra workouts. I feel like I am gaining weight a little bit faster this pregnancy, so I'm trying to work out a little more. The walk to the kitchen to dish up ice cream and scoop out cookie dough onto cookie sheets doesn't count as an extra workout anymore! ... at least most days. ;) I have tried out Zumba and am doing the 30 Day Shred (not to lose weight, but just to feel toned). I figure, once the belly goes, at least I can try to keep my arms in shape, right? :) It is amazing how much more you sweat with a few extra pounds.


- Pet owl! We discovered a baby owl hiding in our backyard today. Andrew has named him "Teamwork," inspired by all the Wonder Pet watching we've been doing lately.


- Spiders! Spiders have taken over our back bushes and have made some exquisite and large webs. We have a new rule that it is "too cold" to go outside until 9am, or else Andrew would be outside checking out the webs at 7:30am each day. I walked through one accidently this week. That was not a highlight.


- House Projects- Kevin has been working on lots of wiring projects around the house. He has spent a lot of time in the crawl space under the house.

heading down below!

almost done!

- Nursery- I have ordered girly pink nursery bedding and am starting to check out paint colors for the walls this week. We are also getting prepped to redo both closets in the kids bedrooms.


- Girls Camp prep! I spent two afternoons working with ladies from church to make cute handouts, gifts, and cards for the Young Women going to Girls Camp next week. My bow-making skills have definitely improved... and my paper cutter got use every evening this week while Kevin & I tried to catch up on our 24 watching.

One of the handouts I made... attached to a cute bookmark w/ a key hole that I also made
We have 30+ girls going to camp... so we had to make a lot of each handout/gift

- Camp Mom: Water Day!- We actually had one day where I did fun stuff with Andrew. He loved it. You can find all the deets on my Toddler blog. Hopefully it made up for the rest of the week when we played with playdough or watched TV while I did YWs or work stuff.

Snail art project

Iceberg painting

- Lots of Beatles Rock Band and Beatles sing-a-longs. I think we might need to stage an intervention soon.
watching "Please Please Me"

- Trip to the Farm- On Saturday I headed off to the LDS church welfare farm in Patterson with the youth from church. We raked/cleaned, moved huge irrigation pipes, painted poles, and weeded 50 acres of tomatoes. I am hoping my jeans recover. Right now they are green from all the tomato plants.



- Pioneer Day Picnic! We went to our ward Pioneer Day picnic yesterday. I forgot the camera, but Andrew "participated" in the tug-o-war and water balloon toss. He loved chucking balloons at Kevin but was traumatized when one hit his foot. He also loved playing with all the YW so that Mommy and Daddy could chat with their friends. :)


- We also spent some quality time running, playing at parks, and sitting by the baby pool this week. It was fabulous.

1 comment:

Tara Shirley said...

How are you finding the energy to work out more! I workout 3-4 times a week and I decided today I want it to be more like 1 day a week! It's killing me! And doing the shred right now? NO WAY! That was hard when I wasn't pregnant, nevermind trying it at 18 weeks! You're amazing!!!!

P.S. I love those pics of your wedding, especially the ones of you and your husband in silhouette in front of the city.