Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Low Key Weekend

We have had a pretty low-key weekend... which I have loved!


Saturday started with Kevin making waffles, me going on a long run, and a quick trip around our neighborhood's HUGE annual garage/yard sale. 60 houses had stuff for sale. I never found anything I wanted, but it was fun to browse.

In the afternoon we headed off to soccer again. At 2:30 when class was supposed to start... our coach hadn't arrived yet. He showed up at 2:35 and still had to truck over all his gear from the parking lot. I wasn't too impressed. Not a great way to run a toddler class. Class finally got started at 2:50 (it is supposed to end at 3pm). Andrew still had a blast and the coach let them play for an extra 20 minutes... so it was fine, but 3pm is THE absolute hottest time of the day (90 + degrees yesterday), so all the kids were dying (and starting to tantrum... or in Andrew's case... collapse).

Dribbling around the flags


Knocking down cone towers


Chasing tails (Andrew has a pinny tail that Kevin had to try and get)


Time for a break in the tunnel


Dribbling through the cones


Scoring!


The highlight of the class was when the ice cream truck pulled up. I bee-lined up to the truck as fast as possible and got the little man a popsicle. It was waiting for him when class ended (although I had taken a few bites). As you can see in this picture, he was very grateful (I love how his eyes are closed, he's enjoying it so much).


After soccer, we went down to the Peninsula to meet up with one of our former seminary students. He is heading out on his mission to Brazil soon, so Kevin wanted to take him out to our favorite Brazillian Churrascaria, Espetus, and tell him all sorts of things about Brazil.

I was too distracted eating, chatting, and trying to keep our little monkey from running around the restaurant... so I got minimal pictures of our night...


But I did get pics of the most important part of the meal- dessert!

My chocolate mousse was AMAZING!


Mousse de Maracuja (passion fruit mousse)


Pudin- Kevin's favorite thing!


We went home VERY full!

Today I got a pass from teaching the Young Women, but lost a bet to Kevin earlier in the week... so I had to help him teach his Sunday School class. I amazed them with all of my object lessons ;) and we had fun building Solomon's Temple out of play dough. I have a feeling our Sundays will be a little less low-key after this week, since Kevin just got a new job at church as Ward Mission Leader... which will make his day a lot busier!

I also finally got a photo of my growing baby bump :) I definitely feel like I am popping out much earlier this time around. (Last time: 21 weeks with Andrew)

21 weeks with baby girl

I am looking forward to enjoying a low-key evening playing with Andrew-man while Kev heads off to a listen to a cool speaker at the church (Colonel Gail Halvorsen- the Berlin Candy Bomber). I can barely stay awake once 8 or 9pm hits (if I can make it that long)... so I love any excuse these days to stay home in the evenings.

Here's hoping for a low-key week as well! Not likely, but a girl can dream :)

2 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

That food looks sooooo good and your bump is very cute.

My students loved the story of the candy bomber during the Berlin airlift. Can't wait to hear Kevin's take.

The Mostess said...

Those waffles look cute, and your bump is adorable.

Kristine and I are obviously the same person.